LNHS Tennis 2016
ALL IN FOR TEAM
2016 - 4 AMAZING Seniors - Addie, Paige, Holly, Kristin. Picture as freshman and seniors. Thanks for a great 4 years. Leaving a Legacy
Away match v SJC has been cancelled for today 9/13 due to rain and rescheduled for next Wednesday 9/21 (see team calendar for updates).
SENIOR NIGHT - Ceremony to honor our 4 AMAZING SENIORS and parents at the conclusion of the last Home match v Truman on Tuesday 9/20.
JV - last practice will be this Friday 9/16 and last match Wednesday 9/21
2016 Lady Eagle Tennis Team
Player Development/Off Season Work
Current players must come to Fall Season with the following footwork/movement skills: 1.Split Step 2.Doubles Movement/Footwork (see videos below). 3. Short ball/volley Study and add skills to your game.
Doubles Movement/Footwork: Video #1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37n8x3FMu8, Video #2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hTTe8jejC0, Video #3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW7KICFeyHo, Video #4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90OK-YWjtA0
Great job improving tennis shots/strokes during off season! Next step is improving footwork/movement on the court. Players must commit to developing movement and footwork for the below reasons:
1. Number one predictor for success in tennis = FOOTWORK
2. As a player/team, there will be massive/fast improvement
3. The game is much easier and you are a better player
4. Increases consistency with shots during points
5. Helps improve practice flow/work because players can rally during drills which increases drill effectiveness/pace. Less standing because more balls are in play.
6. Tennis is more fun.
Get to work, Work on your own, with a teammate, or at lessons but get it done!
Missouri State Tennis Championships
|2006 Missouri State Tennis Championships||2007 Missouri State Tennis Championships|